Spooky Squid Games
Based in Toronto, Canada
August 2nd 2018 (Steam) - Late 2018 (Consoles)
Steam / PC / Mac / Linux
Welcome comrades! Meet Russian Subway Dogs, a fast-paced action-arcade game inspired by the real-life stray dogs of the Moscow Metro. We have done extensive, totally legal research in order to fine-tune this chaotic simulation of what it's like to scavenge for food from Russian commuters. Surviving isn't easy when you are dodging volatile vodka, rival dogs, and the rare and dangerous Subway Bear!
Russian Subway Dogs started as a jam game created in 2012 for the GDC Pirate Kart. The jam game version was well received with coverage on Indiegames.com as well as several let’s plays in both English and Russian, and was even picked as an official selection for Fantastic Fest’s Fantastic Arcade.
- A new game from the creators of They Bleed Pixels.
- Inspired by real life stray dogs who’ve learned to navigate Moscow’s subway system!
- Take on Campaign Mode with dozens of levels and over 100 unique challenges from your boss kitty: The Proletaricat.
- Highly replayable Endless Mode with online leaderboards and a score-driven difficulty algorithm that keeps each round fresh!
- Featuring detailed pixel art of Moscow’s world famous, ornately decorated subway stations.
- Play as your favourite animals from other indie games and comics!
- From fire and ice to toxic chocolate and cooking wildlife for food, Russian Subway Dogs is full of simulated systems to discover and exploit!
- Original Soundtrack by Peter Chapman aka COINS (Guacamelee!, LittleBigPlanet Karting, Modnation Racers)
Russian Subway Dogs Launch Trailer YouTube
Russian Subway Dogs Console Announcement Trailer YouTube
Russian Subway Dogs Infobite - Short video on the inspiration behind the game YouTube
The survival game of Russian Subway Dogs - An in-depth video essay by Overloadr (Portugues with English Subs) - YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection for Comics Vs Games at TCAF" Russian Subway Dogs, 2017
- "Game Informer's Best Indie Games of GDC" Russian Subway Dogs, 2017
- "Official Selection for Fantastic Fest Fantastic Arcade" Russian Subway Dogs prototype version, 2012
- "[...] a frenetic, well-balanced and responsive arcade eat-em-up with a satisfying core loop and enough funkiness to set it apart. Watch out for exploding vodka bottles and subway bears!"
- Danielle Riendeau, ZAM
- "The game is hectic and scream-inducing, especially when you're facing down poodles and a subway bear."
- Simone de Rochefort, Polygon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Spooky Squid Games
Toronto-based studio working on independent, carefully crafted pixel art games mixing old-school presentation with modern design. A fine blend of super cute pixels and dark occult secrets.
More information on Spooky Squid Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Russian Subway Dogs Credits
Game Designer, Art Director & Programmer, Spooky Squid Games
Pixel Artist, Level Designer, Spooky Squid Games
Additional Level Design, Freelancer